Contact Us

Pass & Immigration

EntrePass/Employment Pass Comparison


If you are a foreigner who has set up or are planning to set up a company in Singapore, should you apply for an Entrepreneur Pass (EntrePass) or Employment Pass? The answer depends on many factors, including the type of business your company is involved with, your academic qualification, etc. Here is a table that compares the two types of work pass.

Entrepreneur Pass (EntrePass) Employment Pass (EP)
  • Foreign entrepreneurs who have a business idea that can inject innovation and vibrancy into the Singapore's economy, especially technopreneurs and those with an R&D intensive enterprise.
  • Must be able to demonstrate a high level of entrepreneurial capabilities, preferably with prior successful businesses.
  • Foreign entrepreneurs who have tertiary level or professional qualifications, specialist skills and relevant work experience.
  • Ideal for entrepreneurs whose business is not related to high-tech, biotech or innovative industries.
Academic qualification Suitable for those with no tertiary level qualification but with proven successes in business. A good university degree, professional qualification or specialist skills.
Other requirements
  • Own at least 30% of the company shares
  • Paid-up capital of SGD50,000 or more for the new company
  • Submit a 10-page business plan detailing business goals and strategy
  • Company must also meet at least one of the following:
    • Receive monetary funding of at least SGD100,000 from a venture capitalist or business angel who is accredited by a Singapore government agency;
    • Possess an intellectual property that is registered with an approved national IP institution (one of the shareholders must be the IP owner IP) or has ongoing research collaboration with a research institution recognised by A*STAR or institutes of higher learning in Singapore;
    • An existing incubatee of a Singapore Government-supported incubator.
  • No official minimum amount required. However, the company's paid-up capital is one of the factors considered by the authorities
  • May require a copy of the tenancy agreement for business operating address, and other documents upon MOM’s request
Salary No minimum At least SGD3,600 per month
When to apply
  • Company is incorporated in Singapore no longer than six months at the point of application.
  • Option to incorporate the company within 30 days after EntrePass is approved
  • Can apply for EP whether the company is less than or more than six months old
Processing time 4 - 6 weeks 7 days - 5 weeks
Validity 1 - 2 years 1 - 2 years
Eligible for PR application? Yes, usually after 2 years, subject to approval Yes, usually after 2 years, subject to approval
Eligible for to apply for Dependant Pass? Yes Yes
Renewal criteria

Subject to the following criteria:

  • Company has achieved the total business spending;
  • Company has demonstrated that it employed the required minimum number of Singaporeans;
  • Fulfilment of other conditions listed in the EntrePass approval letter or eligibility requirements.
Applicant is still employed by the company


As a licensed agent of the Singapore Ministry of Manpower (MOM), VOPlus has helped many foreigners successfully apply for S Pass. Contact us for a consultation today.