Contact Us

Pass & Immigration

Employment Pass Eligibility Checklist


The Singapore Ministry of Manpower (MOM) has a set of strict criteria for those who wish to apply for a Singapore Employment Pass (EP). To increase your chance of success, it is strongly recommended that you go through the criteria and the checklist carefully, and ensure that all the required documents are available before applying.

For more information about Employment Pass, please visit our Employment Pass page.

To compare Employment Pass with Entrepreneur Pass (EntrePass), please visit our Comparing EntrePass and Employment Pass page.

Who Can Apply for Employment Pass?

  • A foreigner with a job offer from a Singapore employer, who earns a salary of at least SGD3,600 per month, works in a managerial, executive or specialised job, and has acceptable qualifications such as a good university degree, professional qualifications or specialist skills, is eligible to apply. However, the employer must apply on the candidate's behalf.
  • A foreigner who is an entrepreneur, CEO or director of a Singapore company and wishes to relocate to Singapore to manage the locally-incorporated business.
  • An appointed employment agent can also apply on the applicant's behalf.
  • MOM has an online self-assessment tool (SAT) that helps applicants check if they qualify for the pass. Click here to take the test.
  • Certain skills are highly sought after in Singapore. Listed here is jobs that required skilled professionals that are in demand.

Documents required for Employment Pass

The documents required to apply for an EP include:

  • Duly filled EP Application Form 8 endorsed by the employer
  • Personal particulars page of the applicant's passport
  • Applicant's resume detailing his work experience
  • Company’s latest business profile or instant information registered with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA)
  • Applicant's detailed job description
  • Applicant’s educational certificates. Additional documents are required if the applicant is from:
    • India – transcripts and marksheets
    • China – verification proof for diploma and above qualifications (Education certificates certified by a notary public are not accepted as a form of verification proof)

Employees in food establishments will also require a copy of the licence issued by the National Environment Agency.

If your employer is a Representative Office of overseas companies, the following additional documents are required:

  • A copy of the approval letter from International Enterprise Singapore for setting up the representative office in Singapore
  • A letter from the representative's office headquarters stating:
    • The purpose of the application
    • The duration of the candidate's assignment
    • A guarantee for the maintenance and repatriation of the candidate.

If you are a healthcare professional, lawyer, football player or coach, you also need supporting documents from the respective professional bodies:

Occupation Professional body
Dentist Singapore Dental Council
Diagnostic radiographer Allied Health Professions Council
Doctor Singapore Medical Council
Football player or coach Sport Singapore
Lawyer Legal Services Regulatory Authority
Nurse Singapore Nursing Board
Occupational therapist Allied Health Professions Council
Pharmacist Singapore Pharmacy Council
Physiotherapist Allied Health Professions Council
Radiation therapist Allied Health Professions Council
Speech therapist Allied Health Professions Council
TCM practitioner Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners Board

Documents that are not in English are required to be translated and submitted with a copy of the original document. The translation can be done by a translation service provider, embassy or notary public.


As a licensed agent of the Singapore Ministry of Manpower (MOM), VOPlus has helped many foreigners successfully apply for Employment Pass. Contact us for a consultation today.