Contact Us

Pass & Immigration

S Pass


Mid-skill foreigners who wish to work in Singapore can apply for an S Pass from the Singapore Ministry of Manpower (MOM). Designed as a work visa for mid-level skilled workers and open to all nationalities, the S Pass applicant is assessed based on a point system that takes into account their educational qualifications, skill types, job types and previous work experience.

Employers of S Pass are subject to a levy and a quota system by MOM, which varies according to industry. This means that employers can only hire a certain percentage of S Pass workers in relation to their total staff.

Applicants can only apply for the pass through their employer or an appointed employment agent . They are also strongly encouraged to do a self-evaluation using MOM's Self-assessment Tool before applying, which will give an indication of whether they meet the requirements. Do note, however, that each applicant is evaluated on his own merit. Even if an applicant meets all the criteria, there is no guarantee that the application will be successful.

Who is Eligible?

To be eligible for S Pass, the applicant must have:

  • A job offer in Singapore that offers a fixed monthly salary of SGD2,400 or above. Older and more experienced applicants are expected to command higher salaries that commensurate with their work experience and skill sets.
  • A degree, diploma or technical/specialist certifications. The certification should include at least 1 year of full-time study.
  • Some years of relevant work experience.


The S Pass is usually valid for one or two years and is renewable, subject to meeting the necessary criteria. The employer must not have exceeded the S Pass quota at the point of renewal.

How to File an S Pass Application?

To apply, applicants need to submit the following documents:

  • Duly filled Singapore S Pass application form
  • Copy of the personal particulars page of your passport
  • A passport-sized photograph taken within the last three months
  • Company’s latest business profile or instant information registered with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA)
  • Applicant's detailed job description
  • Applicant’s educational certificates. Additional documents are required if the applicant is from:

Documents that are not in English are required to be translated and submitted with a copy of the original document. The translation can be done by a translation service provider, embassy or notary public.


As a licensed agent of the Singapore Ministry of Manpower (MOM), VOPlus has helped many foreigners successfully apply for S Pass. Contact us for a consultation today.