Employment Pass Application
Step 1 - Employment Pass Application
Employment Pass (EP)
- Have a job offer in Singapore.
- Work in a managerial, executive or specialised
- Earn a fixed monthly salary of at least $3,600
(more experienced candidates need higher
- Have acceptable qualifications, usually a good
university degree, professional qualifications
or specialised skills.
May be required to advertise the job opening on
the Jobs Bank before applying.
Step 2 - Select Packages / Services
Step 4 - Employment Pass Application
Upon your inquiry, we will
provide the following
within 1 working day :
Check on applicant's eligibility.
- Price quotation.
Upon confirmation of your eligibility
and acceptance of quotation, we will require the
documents listed in step 3 from you, depending on
the type of pass you are applying for.
Upon checking and finalising all
requested documents, we will proceed your work pass
through the online application process:
- A draft copy of the work pass application
will be sent to you for confirmation.
- Most applications will take 3 weeks for
processing upon submission to MOM.
Note: Rejected Application
- Once the work pass application is approved,
you will receive an In-Principle Approval
(IPA) letter from us, which serves as a
pre-approved single-entry visa for the
applicant to enter Singapore.
- This IPA letter is valid for 6 months for
the applicant to come to Singapore and get
the pass issued. It also states whether the
candidate needs to go for a medical
examination, which can be done after arrival
- If your application is rejected, you have 3
months to appeal. We will assist you in
appealing your application by addressing the
reasons for rejection.
- Appeals take at least 3 weeks or longer.
- Pass issuance has to be completed within 6
months of In-Principle Approval.
- Candidate must be in Singapore to process the
Documents required for Pass
- Details of applicant’s passport.
- Details of applicant’s current short-term visit
pass or immigration pass.
- Applicant’s residential address in Singapore
- Disembarkation/Embarkation Card (Immigration
- Completed Medical Examination Form or Health
- Completed Declaration Form attached with the
Candidate’s In-Principle Approval Letter.
- When the pass is issued, you will receive the
- The Notification Letter allows the applicant to
start work and travel in and out of Singapore
while waiting for the pass card.
- The Notification Letter will state if the
applicant needs to have the fingerprints
registered and photo taken at MOM.
- The letter is valid for 1 month from the date of
- First-time applicant or those whose last
registration was more than 5 years ago will need
to go to MOM for registration of fingerprints
(within 2 weeks after the pass is issued, if
- For registration, appointment must be made at
the Employment Pass Services Centre (EPSC).
Applicant has to register within 2 weeks after
the pass is issued.
Documents required for
- Original passport.
- Appointment Letter.
- Notification Letter.
- Documents listed in the IPA letter and
- MOM will deliver the card to us in 4 working
days upon registration/document verification.
- We will notify you to come down to our office
for card collection.
- EP holders with a minimum fixed monthly salary
of $6,000 can apply for a Dependant’s Pass (DP)
for immediate family members (spouse and
unmarried children under 21 years of age). In
most cases, the DP application will be approved
automatically if the EP application is approved.
You can submit DP application(s) at the same
time or at any time after your EP application is
approved, and expiry date of the DP(s) will be
tied to the expiry of the EP.
- For other family members (such as common-law
spouse, unmarried handicapped children above 21
years old, and unmarried step-children under 21
years old), EP holders with a minimum fixed
monthly salary of $5,000 can apply for a visa
called Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP) on their
behalf. Similar to the DP, the LTVP application
can be submitted at any time after the EP
application is approved, and the expiry date of
the LTVP(s) will be tied to the expiry of the
- Application to renew a work pass should be made
at least 6 months before the pass expires.
For EP (sponsorship) : Application of renewal can
start as soon as you get the renewal forms in the
mail, usually 3 months before the pass expires. The
application should reach MOM at least 2 weeks before
the pass expires.
Duration of renewed pass is up to 3 years and
will not be affected by the length of validity
of the passport.
Renewal will be processed within 3 weeks for
most cases for online application.
- Renewals are not guaranteed. Applications will
be evaluated based on current eligibility
- It is advisable to apply for renewal early.
Early renewal does not mean that the applicant
will lose the remaining days in the current
pass. The duration of the renewed pass will
start when the current pass expires.
- If an applicant misses the renewal deadline, a
new work pass application must be made.
Cancellation of a work pass occurs
- When the pass holder’s employment ends (within 1
- When the employment pass expires.
Cancellation of work pass is immediate. When it
- MOM will issue a 30-day Short Term Visit
Pass (STVP) for the pass holder if the pass
holder is still in Singapore.
- A copy of the cancellation acknowledgement
letter and the STVP are given to the pass
holder. The pass holder must give the STVP
to the immigration officer when leaving
Pass holder must seek tax clearance from the
Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS)
at least one month before he or she leaves
When the EP is cancelled, all related DPs,
LTVPs and their Letter of Consents and Work
Permits will also be cancelled.
The original pass card must be returned to
MOM within 1 week of cancellation by posting
it to Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock
Road, Singapore 059764.
Pass holders or employers must notify MOM immediately
of the following:
- Change in pass holder’s salary.
- Change in company name or financial information.
- Change in company address.
- Change in business entity.
- If a pass holder is transferred to a related
- Change in pass holder’s occupation.
- If a pass holder has gone missing.
- Change in pass holder’s residential address.
- Change in pass holder’s personal particulars.
Check testimonials from
our satisfied clients
Yes! Service very good and prompt!
Had everything done in 30 minutes!
Director, RAHMAN KARIM & KARIM PTE LTD
All good and easy. Advice was always helpful & calls returned quickly
Logan Matthew Robert
Director, MATT LOGAN AND ASSOCIATES PTE LTD
I am very satisfied with the consultant’s service. They have helped me providing
me of clear and accurate information from basics on how to set up my business in
Singapore. I am a foreigner and to me this seems almost impossible, so having
this opportunity via this service makes me very happy. Thank you.
Caroline Luz Olivares Walker
Director, SYNAPSIS CONSULTING PTE LTD
The consultant & the team were attentive, patient to understand each and every
request. Once, we had a more information necessary email, the team worked more
than 200% to make sure the documents get submitted properly. Absolute delighted
to have the visa process done from VOPlus. Thanks.
Chawathe Amol Snehadeep
Director, FOUNTAIN TECHNOLOGIES PTE. LTD
I have used many corporate secretary services and I must say VoPlus Consulting
offers the best service one can ever ask for. The consultants are all very
knowledgeable helpful. With VoPlus I can run my business without having to worry
about any statutory or compliance related matters.
CEO, PLUSMARGIN PTE. LTD
Check out some of our amazing resources