Contact Us

Pass & Immigration

Dependant's Pass


An Employee Pass (EP) or Entrepreneur Pass (EntrePass) holder can apply for their spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 to join them in Singapore, provided they meet certain criteria. These family members will be holders of Dependant's Pass (DP), which allows them to live and study in Singapore. They may also work in Singapore if the main work pass holder is an EP holder, and if their potential employer applies for a Letter of Consent on their behalf. The validity of Dependant's Pass is tied to the validity of the main work pass holder.

For more information about EP, please visit our Employment Pass page.

Who is Eligible?

An EP or EntrePass holder who earns at least SGD5,000 a month can bring the following family members using the respective passes:

Family Member Pass Type
Legally married spouse DP
Unmarried children under 21, including those who are legally adopted DP
Common-law spouse Long Term Visit Pass
Unmarried handicapped children above 21 Long Term Visit Pass
Unmarried step-children under 21 Long Term Visit Pass
Parents (Only for EP holders earning at least $10,000) Long Term Visit Pass

The DP application must also be sponsored by the employer of the main pass holder.

If an EP holder’s baby is born in Singapore, the parent must report to the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) with the letter issued by the hospital and obtain a 42-day visit pass for the newborn. During this period, the parent can apply for a DP for the newborn.

How to Apply for a DP?

  • A separate DP application must be filed for each eligible family member
  • Applications can be submitted together with the main work pass application or separately
  • The Singapore employer or an appointed employment agent must apply on the DP applicant's behalf.
  • Applications can be submitted online (7 working days) or manually to MOM (5 weeks).

Documents Required

The documents required for a DP application include:

  • Duly filled DP application form
  • A passport-sized photograph taken within the last three months
  • Copy of the personal particulars page of the candidate's passport
  • For children who share a passport with their parent, the parent's personal particulars page must be submitted
  • Documents establishing the applicant's relationship with the EP or EntrePass holder (such as marriage certificate, birth certificate for children, or adopted certificate for adopted child).

Documents that are not in English are required to be translated and submitted with a copy of the original document.


As a licensed agent of the Singapore Ministry of Manpower (MOM), VOPlus has helped many foreigners successfully apply for Dependant's Pass. Contact us for a consultation today.